Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: Re: ATTN: In Vermont

[ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Robert on March 03, 2001 at 19:57:02 from (204.157.28.44):

In Reply to: Re: Re: ATTN: In Vermont posted by Salmoneye on March 01, 2001 at 04:53:36:

Yes i had over size tires, i forget what size they were though.
No i didn't have tracks.
The problem with most water is, that if there's a small lip, or even the smallest bank that you have to climb out onto, the wheel splashes water up, and they just won't grip well enough to pull you out. I all so used another brand 6 wheel drive, and it did have tracks. I would rate it the same in climbing out of ponds. Tracks do help some in mud, and snow though.
They will pull a pretty good load, but you won't be pulling any bigger logs with it. It will work with a log arch, but so will my 4wd 4wheeler. My 4wheeler gets into the woods better because it's a lot narrower, and i don't bust up the new growth trees as bad!
The pull behind mowers have the problem of takeing a huge amount of room to get them turned around. Other garden tools can be replaced with a tractor and quality Rotovator (tiller) like the one Howard Rotovator co. sells.
I like a tractor for logging, and a 4wd 4wheeler for the rest. There's just NOTHING made that does it all!!! I even had a Cushman Trackster for a few years. It's by far the best of the non-4wheelers, but it had it's own set of problems!!
Robert

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: ATTN: In Vermont

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community