Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: Farm Report miseries….

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Fern(Mi) on December 07, 2004 at 10:12:53 from (152.163.100.68):

In Reply to: Re: Farm Report miseries…. posted by Katrina on December 07, 2004 at 07:26:14:

Hi Kat:
My mind so forgetful I don't remember where you are.
Regardless.
You might try covering the area to be poured in concrete with straw and a tarp of some kind. Even the cheap plastic ones help to keep more rain, snow, and cold winds off the site. The plastic also helps the straw insulate the ground so it will thaw from the bottom up.
Check your earth in a couple days and if your thawed out, pour your concrete. Cover it again with straw between two plastic covers for a few more days to cure and you should be in good shape.
However, all this advice depends on your weather, warm spells, and the time to get it done.
Have done it here with fair to good results for fountain foundations and aprons.
Have fun. Good luck.
Fernan

PS. Anything I posted earlier, on women drivers safety, I am keeping from Frieda, hopefully surviving one more day to answer some many burning questions posted last week. (grin) Tomorrow, I shall reveal all.
Good day!

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Farm Report miseries….

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community