Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: Re: Breaking a Dog from Killing Chickens

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Dave on December 25, 2004 at 20:28:29 from (172.199.104.165):

In Reply to: Re: Re: Breaking a Dog from Killing Chickens posted by Ryan Ingram on November 22, 2004 at 11:39:28:

Speak of retarded.... This sounds like a knee-jerk from an animal lover that has no real world experience. I love chickens and dogs. As much as I did not want to believe the whole tying the chicken around the dog's neck approach, I was close to it, but we have three dogs. Truth be told.... I don't know how to solve it, but I have worked with "professional trainers". Dogs, and animals in general have strange responses and learning characteristics. I would love to give my dogs the benifit of the doubt and let them live through an easy example. I tried that approach with my rottie mix for almost a year. I tried 5 minutes of leash training outside with rapid fire direction (she is very smart and dominant) and I have never seen her respond so well). Truth be told, she needs to be put in her place, and she yearns for it. She does not want to be beat into submission by all acounts, she just needs pack direction. I have never been abusive with my animals, and I have always wanted to have a sweeter relationship with them then I have now, but animals work on a different level. They have different drives and different goals. It may be sad that chickens died, and it sucked when my dog killed the first, and the last of them. Chickens are retarded. I am amazed they are still around. I have raised them my whole life and am now about 30. My family has raised chickens and will say the same thing. You can have compassion for all living things, but if you put it into context, a chicken would kill you and feed off your childs brains if it tasted good to them and they had a way to do it. That is the true nature of the world. It is a matter of opportunity. Wake up and stop crying into your pillow.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Breaking a Dog from Killing Chickens

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community