Country Living
Country Living, Country Skills
Country People - A Country Living Resource and Community
Message Board
Country Topics
Trading Post
Memory Lane
Country Skills
Country Cooking

The Kitchen

Photo Gallery
Vintage Photos
Special Collections

Country Humor
Country Sounds
Coloring Book
Interactive Story

Farm Tractors
Tractor Parts
Tractor Manuals

Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Aggressive Rooster

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Peanut on January 07, 2005 at 16:56:23 from (

In Reply to: Aggressive Rooster posted by Scott on January 07, 2005 at 16:49:27:

Remove the testes. Its called caponizing. It is backyard surgery and can be done with a $20 caponizing kit. If you are not up to cutting on your bird (while it is wide awake), then contact a farm vet and see what he/she will charge to take care of the nuts.

You end up with a less aggressive rooster (Now called a Capon). The downside is that you will no longer have fertilized eggs. With 5 hens, I'll bet the hens will be darn happy for the break from the rooster.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup


Subject: Re: Re: Aggressive Rooster


Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community