Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

A Police story you may like

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by oslo in NC on February 10, 2005 at 01:01:04 from (24.176.90.119):

When I lived in Penna. we have a hill that is about two miles long and drops over 900 feet. It is a divided highway for nearly half the distance. It was built in the 50's so isn't as wide as normal divided roads. Also it has a lot of cut outs in some of the road and a couple of drop offs, but the big scary part to the road is it is perfectly flat and has several curves and at the bottom is an old rail road tressel built entirely of stone. The tressel is only two lanes at this point and the real kicker comes immediately on the other side. There is sharp bend in the road with guard rails that were constantly being replaced. Well we had a local twsp. cop who drove a Studebaker Avanti. This was in the early sixties. He was notorious and a trucker who sped got a ticket. He was ruthless. His name was Leo Zaski. Some of you old time truckers may have met him. Well, a couple of angry, after working out a plan, decided to do something about it. The one trucker came across the top of the mountain and Leo quickly got on his tail to clock him. Leo obviously didn't see the other trucker coming up from behind. They sandwiched him and took him on a ride down the mountain. The truckers new how fast they could do and they maintained that speed. I was told it was over 70 mph on the straight aways and there wasn't but a few feet between him and the trucks. He never bothered trucks after that. He always looked angry and constipated when I talked with him, but I suspect on that day one of his ailments didn't give him a problem. Come to think of it he was probably to scared to be angry also.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: A Police story you may like

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community