Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: Re: 14 year old daughter

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by screaminghollow on February 10, 2005 at 07:20:07 from (207.69.138.139):

In Reply to: Re: Re: 14 year old daughter posted by Well said Dale ... on February 10, 2005 at 05:32:47:

There's a big difference between cautious oversight and encouragement. From his "facts" which of course are his take, it sounds almost like she's fostering a relationship with the future inlaws. I certainly don't think someone should be unfriendly, and getting to know someone puts you in the position of being able to talk more openly with them. She ought to be encouraging a larger circle of friends, male and female, for group outings. Get together with the parents of all the group. That is indeed the custom around here for kids of that age. Our son had a circle of about 10 boys and girls, friends with whom he would do things as a group. We met all the parents. We took turns driving the kids to their functions and outings. We had the whole goup including parents to our place for barbcues and we have been to their places for picnics etc. None of these parents are folks I would have normally socialized with. (I am a bit more earthy than most of them and don't have a lot in common, I don't mind farming, don't play golf or tennis, would rather go hunting etc.)

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: 14 year old daughter

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community