Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Hospitality Revisited

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by To new-gen from Oslo on February 19, 2005 at 10:57:57 from (24.176.90.119):

In Reply to: Hospitality Revisited posted by New-Gen on February 19, 2005 at 05:23:17:

new gen;
This is your quote from a previous post of yours. "These past few days truckers, cops, the Amish, both genders, and who knows what else have been thorouly cussed and discussed, hopefully this topic won't cause much dissention among the ranks...."
It looks as though you are adding the South to your list.
You typed two paragraphs in your post. What I'm wondering about is your second paragraph. If so, you are directing your comments at my wife. For your information, I posted some time ago about a program on TV about slavery in the south and the war. Yes, the South talks about the war, but no more than nearly all the Northerners when they come south.

As a matter of information for you, the South didn't emerge from that war until the 60's. That was the 1960's. You hear people talk about the depresion, well the South didn't know there was a depression. They had been in a depression for nearly a hundred years. Reconstruction saw to that.

You can't possibly understand a culture until you know their history. Bubba jokes and Gone With the Wind just doesn't cut it for understanding.

I posted a story about a cop and two truckers a while back. You obviously were offended by it. I sensed that and gave a response back explaining that I was not speaking negatively about truckers, but I haven't seen a response from you on that issue. Now, you are slamming the South by making references to my wife's post. You obivously don't know the South. If this is your way of getting to me, then you were successful. If this was your way of another putdown, then I suggest you find a new topic that you know something about and leave my wife out of your problems.You have no understanding of what she was saying and I want you to stop showing it.

Your quoting my wife's comment about "we're friendly, even to Yankees" is showing how little you know about them. I hope, if you reply this time, and I hope you do, you make reference only to that which you do know something about.

respectfully,

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Hospitality Revisited

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community