Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: A .1 steak sauce

[ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Chuck, WA on June 02, 2002 at 09:31:40 from (208.8.78.38):

In Reply to: A .1 steak sauce posted by 4wheelerlady on June 01, 2002 at 15:44:09:

How about some nice country style spare ribs or salmon?

For spare ribs, it's cheating because it's not made from scratch, but sure is easy, and sure is good.

Precook the ribs for a bit. Then into the fridge for an hour or two in a marinade made of a can of frozen lemonade concentrate (don't add water) and a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce - I like a good hickory sauce, but I'm sure others work.

Onto the grille and use the marinade for the sauce as you finish cooking the ribs on the grille.

I have to give credit...this came out of a little pamphlet that came in a box of Rice Chex cereal - almost threw it away, but this one was worth keeping it.

For salmon, it's a little more original. Mayonaise, lemon juice, powdered mustard, salt and pepper, and a little water if needed to thin it down. Sometimes I add a squirt of maple flavored syrup.

I don't use recipes, just the basic ingredients - though I take liberties with those too. I like it when it comes out a little bit different each time. Of course, the downside of that is when I get a really good one, I can't repeat it! :)

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: A .1 steak sauce

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community