Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

A Farmerís Dark Night Report

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Fern(Mi) on February 28, 2005 at 15:49:20 from (64.12.116.68):

3:00AM and I was sorrily awakened from the wrong side of a disgusting old habit. My senses enlivened since giving up smoking sometimes seem to be playing tricks on me.

Take for instance a few moments ago I awoke with a smokerís cough. A cough the likes I havenít had for over a couple years. Along with it my mouth felt and tasted like the cavern of a two or three pack-a-day smoker? Weird eh? Evening before last, I was asking Frieda if she had used some vinegar or been into a bottle of wine, (I meant to mention for cooking), my nostrils and taste buds so keenly set on the scent, she informed me I was totally imagining.

Then as if to pull my chain, Frieda served up ďwieners and sauerkrautĒ for lunch yesterday. And along with eating this repast my nose took in the familiar wine/wine-vinegar scent. Regardless my adventurous nose and throat intrigues, the suggestive fantasyís word has brought about an afternoonís eating reward.

Meanwhile, the episode still so fresh upon my mind and palette. Iím reminded when the kids had emptied Friedaís aunt Idaís urn of ashes. Swearing the children to secrecy or suffer their motherís wrath I had to make those ashes right. What is so vivid here is the sums of the tastes and smells of all them stinking cigarettes and ash trays emptied and riddled to recollect ashes enough from a hundred cartons and almost two years of smoken them to refill that Aunty Idaís urn. The cussed urn had been put into Friedaís care because it was thought her husband Willey who she had preceded would have used her vessel for an ash tray?
Fernan

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: A Farmerís Dark Night Report

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community