Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Breaking a Dog from Killin

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by SE on March 13, 2005 at 15:28:47 from (144.139.171.145):

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Breaking a Dog from Killing Ch posted by Hyrax on June 21, 2004 at 21:07:26:

I live on over 20 hectares across the road from my Brothers 100 or so hectares he has 2 8mth old Smithfield Cattle dogs an old red cattle dog, they have electric collars and they still kill my chooks, I have a dog also a staffy and he doesn't kill my chooks. Before these 2 came along my dog and the old one were friends and still are, they both used to visit each other. My dog has been convicted of luring these 2 other dogs over to my place to kill the chooks so they get in trouble. Today is my breaking point. Over the past 3 months I did have 8 chooks and 3 roosters. Now I have no chooks and 2 roosters. The chooks free range during the day, well they used to. These dogs would do circle work around the chook coop even when they were locked up, I caught them once. Even an electric collar will not stop them. They had no collars this morning and finished off 5 chooks and one rooster. I didn't hear them. Feathers every where and dead chooks, these rotten b****y dogs don't even eat them. They leave dead chickens everywhere for me to clean up. This is the most upsetting part.
This is fine for those out there who are dog lovers. I will have to give my dog away now as I have threatened that if the 2 dogs are over here I will kill them on site and now the same goes for my dog going to see his old mate. This is all because of 2 expensive pedigree smithfield's and I am not impressed. They wear electric collars but the collars weren't on this morning another property owner was having problems with his dog chasing cars and they are out on loan to him. These dogs haven't killed for 1 month, they are very smart and the smartness will make them have a very short life span. I am not going to get any more chooks, what for so these poor innocent chooks can get killed. Now I won't eat eggs because the eggs you buy in the supermarkets are full of hormones, antibiotics etc... whatever they feed the chooks. This is just great so to all those out there who say oh poor doggy mmmm well and those who have no respect for chickens mmmm maybe you don't deserve animals. I don't have the money to fence my place just because of 2 dogs and now my life is ruled by them. Dogs are worth more than chooks so I am told. I hand raised these chickens from day old chicks and I am pissed and upset.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Breaking a Dog from Killin

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community