Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: 58 Years ago today

[ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Hogman on June 08, 2002 at 12:17:56 from (63.124.171.31):

In Reply to: Re: 58 Years ago today posted by Alvin-Va on June 07, 2002 at 20:03:07:

Bless You Alvin truer words were never spoken. Tha woods are full ta overflowin with People who deserve thanks and thanks again. I think more of tha ones from Nam after tha way They were treated and continue to be even today.

RE Tha pokin'n proddin with only a glass of warm water after supper, We headed for Springfield. Things got underway at 08:45 and was unplumbed at1845 and wheeled out to tha car. They did bring Me a tray at 1630 hrs bless Em and it was pretty good for Hospital grub or mabe it was just starvation induced taste. Will get results mabe Tue PM. A lot of Radiology stuff etc.
Had no idea what a PET was befor,shoot Ya full of radioactive sugar and stick Ya in a machine for an hour lookin for hot spots that would indicate spread of Them stinky,sneaky bugs. Gal asks if I have ta go "p" cause once in it (tha machine not tha "P" there was no gettin out. Bout half way thru I felt a tick crawlin along My side prospectin,started gnawin,She'd said no squirmin er nothin. I'm thinkin that thing is gonna be radioactive and who knows what kinda mutation's gonna be there time I can get to it. Turned out harmless, anyway Maw Hog slayed it without too much trouble. Wheeled Me out of that one to tha Pulmanary test thing a little late,got thru tha huffin'n puff'n and straight from there to tha heart'n lung garage,right on in and hooked up to another IV that stayed with Me till released.
They got tha samples with the needles,told Wife They had just about gave up which would have ment cuttin a window. Hadnot been told this is a scary proceedure. Team Chief said about one in five go haywire and the lung colapses meaning 2 or 3 days in hospital. They did all this talkin Ta Maw ,She says how many since tha last one'n He said 7. But it went OK.
Kinda stretched this inta a tome,sorry

One last thing,the People,every one of Them at St Johns in Springfield Mo were wonderful.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: 58 Years ago today

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community