Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

A total Perseid Meteor Shower

[ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by momma Jan on August 13, 2002 at 02:13:58 from (209.142.19.122):

Well Hubby and I took 8 Girls ages 11-16 plus our 2 year old grand daughter up to the baseball field behind the High School tonight about 11:30 to watch the meteor shower. Been planning this adventure all day long. On one side of us was the gym and the other side was a mountain and we parked it right in the middle of the field. We got our blankets out and were all spread around watching the stars, had chips, dip, sodas, coffee, crackers and many more snacks. Ofcourse we all had our shoes off to sit under the blankets. I had just got done telling the girls I sure hope the bear who enjoys dumpster diving at the High School trash can from time to time dont come off the mountain for a mid-night snack when what happened but the sprinklers come on.
Let me tell you they all took off running like there was no tommorrow and there I was trying to get every thing rounded up from under the sprinklers. They all came back to help(except Hubby who hasnt moved that fast in years) after they got the grand daughter to dry land I was laughing so much I couldnt find my shoes which are now totally soaked along with the blankets, pillows and all the girls. Finally got it all together and stood there in the parking lot laughing for about 5 minutes. Hey even the car got a bath.
When we say meteor showers, we really mean meteor showers.
Have a Great day!

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: A total Perseid Meteor Shower

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community