Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Breaking a Dog from Killing Ch

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by dale on April 19, 2006 at 15:20:30 from (70.134.110.72):

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Breaking a Dog from Killing Chicke posted by fed up on March 14, 2006 at 06:16:14:

Please refrain from this discussion if all you have to say is "don't hit the poor dog". I am sure that these people did not get any pleasure from punishing their dogs. I sure didn't. They just didn't know what else to do, that is why we are here, to find a better way. I have 2 pups. They are both 5 mo. old and are very loving and friendly. I also have chickens. About a month ago my pups started going after the birds. First one they caught they just chewed feathers off. After they did this I placed them inside the coop with all the chickens and every time they started towards one I would reprimand them with a loud "no!" and a gentle tap. After a few sessions they seemed better. It was after this that i noticed they went after the birds only when I wasn't with them. I tried monitering them and yelling at them every time they did it but to no avail. If i was watching, they behaved. When I was not, they chased. Then a week later I found half a chicken on the back doorstep and another chick still alive but ripped up so bad I had to kill it myself. After that I spanked them like a child on the but and showed them the dead birds. This morning they ran outside and had killed a rooster before I could even get dressed. I beat them with the birds and my hands. I didn't injure them, i was hitting them open handed, but it was still enough that I felt physically ill afterwards. I hated doing it but the chickens are our pets too (we don't raise for meat)and it kills me to see them die. I love my dogs but I will have to get rid of them if I can not fix this problem. If I come up with an answer that works for me I will post it but so far nothing is working. If anyone has a relevent response please let me know, but if you are just posting because you are an animal lover and you want to tell me I am a monster for hitting my dogs please understand that I am an animal lover too. If I did not love my dogs I would not be here trying to find a better way.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Breaking a Dog from Killing Ch

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community