Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

A neighborly thought

[ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Sid on October 13, 2002 at 17:07:46 from (12.160.110.23):

Yesterday while I was checking cattle,I was thinking about this board and how I look foward to checking in to see how things are going with everybody. The questions' the comments of concern, the confiding of personel problems and such. Then it hit me that I have neighbors ,I have not talked to in months maybe just a wave as I pass by. I begin to wonder why we do not visit much anymore. Some are older that shared work with us, some I went to school with, others that have moved in recentely. My two closest neighbors are a brother and his wife across the field I may talk to about once a month. The next a sister whose kids are gone as are ours living by herself. I see and wave at several times a week. Then I realized we did not visit very much because I am "TOO BUSY." Well folks I decide that is pure grade A BS. I went and visited with an eldery neighbor we used to swap work with years ago. I had one of the times of my life. Yes Times have changed. but we do not nessecarily need to do so. If You are like me visit with a neighbor old or new that you have not talked with for some time. A phone call would be good but in person would be even better. Thanks for listening. Sid

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: A neighborly thought

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community