Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Breaking a Dog from Killin

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Fred Dickey on December 27, 2006 at 15:53:33 from (165.166.201.245):

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Breaking a Dog from Killing Ch posted by Hyrax on June 21, 2004 at 21:07:26:

We've had a dog for about 6 months now. It was an abandoned stray that we decided to keep. It's killed 4 of our neighbors chickens recently. The only thing we know to do is take it to the humane society and hope that they find it a new home before having to put it to sleep. Our neighbor told us about the hanging the dead chicken from its neck which I'm not so willing to try because this is an indoor dog that we have been trying to housebreak without success as well. I've tried training pads (which he just chews up), shoving his nose in the stuff and yelling at him and then taking him outside where he's supposed to go, crating him, etc. I wish I could get a shock collar as I'd imagine that would be the most effective method for training a dog with such stubborness to him.

For all those "animal lovers" who say that a dog shouldn't be punished in anyway because it doesn't "know any better"....Charles Manson didn't "know any better" when he killed all those people but since when did ignorance of the law serve as a means to escape the law????!?!?!?

You know that picture of the shephard boy in the nativity scene at Christmas with the lamb around his neck that looks all cute and all? You know why that lamb is around his neck? Because when a lamb keeps wandering off, the shephard will take his staff and break one of the lamb's legs. Then he will reset that leg and carry the lamb around his neck for the 2 or 3 weeks it takes to heal. When he no longer has to carry that lamb, it will remain near the shephard at all times because it has been so accustomed to being close to the shepherd's heart and dependent upon the shepherd! It's called TOUGH LOVE...it's either that or let the lamb wander off and get killed.

People need to step out of their cozy little sheltered lifestyles for a moment and get some toughness about them. It's the train of thought that we shouldn't punish and discipline that cripples our nation. Grow up people.

You may not like what I have to say, but I say it because I love ya.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Breaking a Dog from Killin

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community