Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Breaking a Dog from Killing Chickens

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by The Natural State on May 18, 2007 at 07:54:56 from (69.4.206.10):

In Reply to: Breaking a Dog from Killing Chickens posted by Dreamweaver on September 10, 2001 at 05:30:30:

If I understand correctly, this is an advice/help message board. It is sad to see that some believe it to be a forum for trading insults. Just because one's method of correction does not agree with another's it does not make either person less intelligent than the other. Now that I have vented.......The problem as I see it is to try to prevent dogs from killing chickens. I think that we understand the nature of dogs, ie hunter instincts. Most of us in this type of forum can not have others train our animals but I have seen some dogs so highly trained as to sit for hours waiting on a command and this training was from uneducated farmers. It is what we have the time and patience for and what the dog has the ability to accept. That is if the problem is with our own animal. If the problem is with neighborhood animals then check with your state, county, or local laws and ordinances. Where I live if you feel that your family, pets, or livestock are threatened then you may kill the offending animal. What you may not do is to print out the laws and ordinances, put them in an envelope and tape that envelope to the offending dog and send it back home. I tried that. Does that make me a moron or just give me a sense of humor? (I did not use duct tape, just plain ole tape.) Phone calls didn't seem to work. Dogs will dig under fences and kill chickens. They will also chew the legs and ears and skin off living rabbits in rabbit hutches. Responsibility and Common Sense. I don't know about answers but they are a beginning.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Breaking a Dog from Killing Chickens

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community