Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: Re: Re: Breaking a Dog from Killing Chicke

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by RS on July 02, 2007 at 08:16:50 from (64.209.157.106):

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Breaking a Dog from Killing Chickens posted by A T on May 16, 2005 at 11:36:54:

I have two Rat terriers. Our neighbor across the road has chickens, we have lived here for almost three years with no problems, and now all of a sudden our dogs have killed 5 (two roosters!) of his chickens! I feel sick! I understand both sides of the fence here, I know that the loss of your chicken is awfull! People get attatched to their pets and love them. My dogs are like my children! I love them very much, but know that this cannot happen again. We gave our neighbor permission to shoot them if they are over there again, it breaks my heart! But I understand that something has to be done. We are going to try the chicken around the neck and see what comes of it. If that doesn't work I am afraid I will have to find new homes for my "kids". That kills me, but them getting shot would kill me even more! Now we are pinning them AND tying them up, but that cannot be the solution, we are not pet owners who are okay with keeping our dogs pinned or tied up all the time, dogs need to be able to run. What kind of life is that for them if they are tied up all the time? My neighbor is also a friend, and I really feel terrible about his chickens, so we are working together on this solution. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free. Although I don't see the need to be disrespectful to eachother please. Thank you!

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Breaking a Dog from Killing Chicke

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community