Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by SCD on August 15, 2007 at 20:51:32 from (61.68.83.99):

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re posted by Jessica DESPERATE FOR HEL on February 09, 2007 at 06:53:10:

Ok what I have done is build a 6ft fence inclosure. The main reason for this was to keep the foxes out but I may have to change it a little as one of my 2 dogs had killed one of my bantams. I cant say which one as the dogs have been running with the chickens a long time now and I haven't had a problem with them before. But I know it is one of them and not some other dog that I do know. So my suggestion would be to put up fencing where only your dogs can go and not get near the chickens or put electric fencing on the coop and turn it off of course when you have to enter it. Fencing can be obtained from recycle centres if you are on a budget or check around construction sites and ask what they are doing with the old fence wire there are many ways to get it if you can't afford new. Many farmers have their dogs chined so that they can get in and out of their kennel but there not left there all day long they are often with the farmer and only get taken to their kennel when they can't be supervised. I am not going to say there is a right way nor a wrong way. I have had a cattle dog in the past who killed many of my chicken when I first started buying them and I did what some of you say is retarded idiot and many words that have been slung over this board and yes it did work for me after three more dead chickens and doing this with every one of the three as it happened she never touched another bird or another animal again. But I have found another way as well and that is to make a good sized run where they are happy and so are my chickens. So in closing I hope some of these ideas will help someone it wont fix everyone's problem as each animal is different to someone else's but if it help a couple of you out there then that's great.
Good luck I hope you all find the answer you are looking for somewhere.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community