Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: See what I mean?

[ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by DeadCarp on December 29, 2002 at 06:11:41 from (216.189.143.104):

In Reply to: See what I mean? posted by Fawteen on December 29, 2002 at 05:34:12:

Heck, let's make it easy - let's put a disclaimer up front - "Caution: this thread doesn't contain references to machinery, buildings, land or anything important. It's just about people" - lol - or what did the guy in the cafe say? "Opinions are like axholes, everybody has one"

I never thought i'd get to this century and still see people advocating sameness. Well not me, thanks. If all schools and teachers and cops and counties were run the same, that would be a good thing, right? Naw - not in a free country. Communism would be wonderful too, if it weren't for little issues like greed. Me? I kinda like to see people saying they can't stand avocadoes because it's another proof that they still have a right to gripe. I like to think MY school is doing things pretty close to the way they should be. And that's determined by the community. Oh, and every member of our community is so flawed they could sew it together and export it!

I'll go one step further - EVERYBODY's ego needs to be nurtured. How do we do that? By feeling like we're doing something just a little bit better than the next guy - by getting away with just a smidge of something. Our church has the real answer, we got the tallest corn around, our car is the best one, these are the best shoes for me, my kids are smarter, whatever. I snicker when i "forget" to declare those few bales of hay as income, the tax man snickers cuz he knows that the government doesn't really need that high a percentage of compliance to keep itself running, the politician snickers cuz he got his cousin's road paved, there - everybody won and we're all happy! You all have an excellent Sunday. :)

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: See what I mean?

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community