Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: Re: Re: %#$@#? Army

[ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Tom A on January 11, 2003 at 06:08:53 from (152.163.188.225):

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: %#$@#? Army posted by Friendly Fire on January 10, 2003 at 19:41:39:

I think it all boils down to trust. I know not everyone does, but I trust Mr. Bush as a man of integrity. I've personally met and briefed Mr. Powell (then a lieutenant general), and am certain he is a man of integrity. The rest of the team appears to me to be trustworthy, and I still know a lot of relatively senior folks in the department of defense and am certain they can be trusted with my life.

All that said, not every American can know everything...puts troops and who-knows-who-else at risk (remember the CIA guy who was killed; lots of SF troops stationed all over too). I believe--based on my judgement of the senior folks involved--that they will do the right thing based on what information they have, whether I see all that info or not. I don't believe we'd go to war with Iraq for trivial purposes; there must be some high degree of risk involved to the U.S. or we would not be doing this.

As far as the economy goes, there isn't a whole lot that the government can do that will actually accomplish anything. The economy is simply too big and complex to influence much or quickly with any government policy...long range, maybe, but not short-range. So stuff you hear on the news--from either party--is fluff for the uninformed, feel-good crud that is worthless. If you feel sorry for folks in food lines, then give food, your time, and your money to your local food bank...or shelter or whatever. If everyone who can will do that, then we'll actually be helping.

We live in the best country in the world, bar none. It is not perfect, but there is no place better here on earth. Work to make it better, but we need to quit wringing our hands and pointing fingers at everyone else, and do what we, individually, can to make it better.

Sorry, I try not to get involved in these kinds of threads but I had to spout off.

Tom A
U.S. Army, retired, and proud of it.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: %#$@#? Army

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community