Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: Re: Re: 1953 monarch electric range

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Terrence on September 08, 2008 at 18:49:15 from (216.114.21.181):

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: 1953 monarch electric range posted by Judy on June 22, 2008 at 18:15:40:

1940's-50 Monarch Range: I have a late 40's, early 50's 32" Monarch range bought second-hand near our home in Beaver Dam WI (home of Monarch Range Co) shortly after the company liquidated (mid 1980's). Range has no identifcation plates or tags, possibly used in company's test kitchen ... side compartment and lower drawer were unused at the time I purchased the stove in the 1980's. Burners and oven had wear.

I have used this stove for 20+ years. The heavy and substantial construction materials ensured slow and even baking and broiling.

She is especially beautiful when the copper rings around burner controls are polished. There is an oven clock/timer (currently disabled) on the right-hand side, and the Monarch insignia (crown and crest, gold and red) on the left side.

A chrome "Monarch" is on the center back top; The cooking surface includes a deep well, one large, and two small wired burners (all working). The broiler element is in good working condition. The oven thermostat was replaced in late 1980's (with a 1970's knob, but I still have the original knob and related wiring).

A coil and ceramic baking element are covered by enameled steel, with ceramic conductors to a 3-prong plug-in (recently burned out)- relacement estimate at $100-200. I am "in love" with this stove, but - looking at retirement years ahead - will consider selling to someone who shares my love of the beauty and history of "old stuff," and who is interested in keeping these old ranges available. I can not accept that this beautiful stove - even if if all its mechanicals failed - might end up in a landfill.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1953 monarch electric range

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community