Miscellaneous
Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: 4 X 4's, The Whimps are taking over.

[ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Elena on March 06, 2003 at 21:28:15 from (195.93.33.12):

In Reply to: 4 X 4's, The Whimps are taking over. posted by Spence on November 25, 2001 at 16:56:29:

Well, I'll tell ya what, all this talk about the new stuff not being as good as the old kinda ruffles my feathers to a point.

See, I've had the old stuff. Had an old early 80's F150 catch on fire under the dash b/c of unshielded wiring. Burnt to the ground.

Had those locking hubs come unlocked on me in my Bronco when I hit the wheel with a fricking rock, causing me to get stuck.

But ya know what I ain't ever had? I ain't ever had my New Jeep Wrangler cause me no problems at all. It's been hit by 3 European drivers while being over here in England, smashed all the steering arms and ripped off the stabilizer, and it still got me home, just a little slower than usual.

That 4.0L fuel injected engine has yet to let me down on any range of needing power. As low as it's geared, and with a lift kit and oversized tires, it'll still do 80mph on the highway. (If you've got the nerve to hang on.)

I've caught 6" diameter sapling trees on the bumper, and all it did was rip the plastic end piece off. The bumper ain't even bent.

I've had it buried to the windows in mud, taking 3 trucks to pull me out, but it still drove me home.

You guys fight your carbs that like to crap out whenever they feel like it. You keep your locking hubs that come unlocked if they bump into something, you keep you lousy heater when the whole vehicle is an icicle.

I'll keep my fuel injection, shift on-the-fly t-case, well heated, nice stereo equipped machine, that is more than capable of doing more than just about any of your old vehicles. I bash it around so hard people give me funny looks when they hear I'm still making payments.

The damn thing runs better when it's muddy, and dented. You keep your old clunkers, I've had my fill of them. Never again, I'll keep something that's actually gonna make it past 100,000 miles without breaking all the time!

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: 4 X 4's, The Whimps are taking over.

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community