Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Jason on August 06, 2009 at 07:20:46 from (74.15.35.202):

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re posted by City Chicky on September 21, 2007 at 21:11:22:

Scolding your dog and giving him/her the business is part of the whole dog experience. They learn, and will learn after a few "happenings" that have you coming after them. I love my 3 German Boxers like no others...however, they all have the fear of god in them for various crap they have pulled coming out of their puppy-stage. My other half has 24 chickens that range around our house on about an acre of land. 2 of our dogs have killed chickens...bring on the frying pan. I can hear all the animal activists collectively gasping in disdain - Cassius Clay 2 year old Boxer will not even go near the chickens. Tyson the 1 year old killed one yesterday - he was picked up by his jowl's my me this time....little bugger had to learn...and carried over to the chickens that were no huddled in the corner of the yard after his assault on them. I then put his kennel in the chicken coop and left him there all day in it. We'll see if that works.

I look at the kids today - NO FEAR OF THEIR PARENTS....I was scared to death if my mother really was at the end of her rope - cause is used to be a wooden spoon or in school it was the strap for lipping off to teachers etc. WTF is with today????? No discipline for a$$hole kids that do asinine things b/c there are no consequences. Same drill with dogs - they second guess pulling the same stunt if they didn't like the result after the last one. ANY negative stimulus be it shocked, smacked and disciplined - the only unanimous agreement is that you MUST only discipline your dog when caught in the act. It will screw your dog up in the head if you try to discipline it after the fact cause they won't associate the negative with anything they have done.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community