Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: GeneMo Propane?

[ Expand ] [ View Replies ] [ Post Reply ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by GeneMO on September 01, 2009 at 22:02:06 from (216.74.193.175):

In Reply to: GeneMo Propane? posted by Lightening Bug on September 01, 2009 at 21:02:16:

OK, went back and read your questions. My cabin is just something my dad and I wanted as an alternative to tent camping. We liked the camping part, but the tent and pump up Coleman stove got a little old.

We Cut white oak logs, had them sawn and just built a cabin with leftovers and hand me downs. I posted a pic a few posts previous.

Is is on a concrete slab, 14' X 18', with a loft. It is well insulated, walls and ceiling. I bought a damaged, but new, 4 burner gas cook stove. It has an oven and uses pilot lights. You need to watch that they do not need electricity to ignite, this one does not. Plus, some have gas orifices for LP or Natural gas.

I get what we refer to as the 100lb bottles of LP. About $66 a bottle. Two generally run me a year, BUT I am only in it a hunting season and the spring. No electricity in the creek bottoms means no Air conditioning and it gets so steamy down there you can't breathe!!

I keep 4 bottles. Two at the cabin, and the two emptys in rotation. I only have a single regulator, so can only hook one bottle up at a time, but you can get a double, which allows you to walk outside, turn off the empty and turn the full one one. This is especially handy when you run out at 2am when it is 5 below and sleeting!

IF, you are near the road, you can get various sizes of propane tanks. When you get past the 100 pound bottles (which is about he largest you can pick up and carry), they start with gallons. You can get 100, 150, 500 and 1000, depending on space and budget. They drive up with a truck and fill those.

Check with you local gas supplier. Naturally the bigger the tank, the less per gallon, some have payment plans, some make you pay when you fill. The advantages of a bigger tank and paying as you fill, you can watch prices and fill it during the summer when it is cheaper.

Keep after me if you need more info.

Gene

Replies:

Post A Reply

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: GeneMo Propane?

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community