Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Time to ask for prayers for Daddy

[ Expand ] [ View Replies ] [ Post Reply ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by granny h on September 08, 2009 at 06:40:38 from (76.201.93.220):

I could post this on the new KL site...but ol habits are hard to shake...

The circle of life as I've known it for 56 years is about to close. Daddy is hanging in there like the cantankerus, fussing, opinated, cussing ol warrior he has always been. Today he is being moved to the Three East Hospice Care unit at the Veteran's Hospital in Columbia Mo.

Normal weight for him is around 214 or so...and he's down to 132. He opens his once blue eyes and looks at me, seems to know me, and I know more and have that thought and his eyes fade to a light gray and he looks through me. I know he's slipped away again to the terrible dark hole that alzheimer's has him locked in. He has no mobility anymore, barley turns his head to the sound of a voice. He eats. Daddy has always loved good food and by golly they feed them well in there. His nurses are wonderful, often I think they are there for the family as much as daddy.

The prostrate cacer has spread to his hip, pelvic and upper thigh bones, possibley the spine too. His thyrold is inlarged and there is
cloudyness in the brain scan. He also has 27 bed sores. He was taken to HRH friday afternoon, and by evening was transfered to the Vet's hospital..he's been in the 4th floor urgent care unit till today...today he goes to 3 East hospice care unit.

ol Vern, myself, my sons, niece Cyndi and her husband and kids have been with him sense friday afternoon..another grandson and his wife was there all day sunday. One brother won't come for what ever reason he has and David showed up yesterday. Daddy is the youngest of 7 kids, and all have passed on. I put in a call to a few of his ol cronies to let them know and asked for a prayer chain at our church, called the preacher and made a card request in our local paper, and of course put the PGR on standby with a mission pending.

*Peanut, if your reading this, check on David, if you happen by his place. He's on the bike, so if it's gone, he is still down there. He's pretty much alone right now and I worry about him. I'm not sure if he's staying with daddy night and day, but was there yesterday.

I guess I'm just venting. Just wanting someone to know that daddy is in dire straights now. No pain, thank God. and...in many ways, the Daddy I knew was gone a long long time ago.

I need prayers to hold it together. As the oldest it will fall to me to make plans and inform friends and other family members. Once again ol Vern will be my blue eyed rock as he has sense friday afternoon.

I need prayers that Daddy will be accepted into the arms of Jesus soon, join mamma and our little Joshua, see his own mother and dad and not suffer through this ordeal for a long time. You may not understand me saying this, but wrong how ever it may be, I would rather see him go to Heaven now, then lay and be in terrible pain for weeks and weeks.

The hardest part was when he opened his eyes once and looked around, looked confused and then saw me and said, "Delores?" (that was mom)...I said "yes Billie lee?"...and one corner of his mouth turned up and he drifted back again.

He knew me 2 weeks ago when I took food and went to visit him. He ate vanilla wafers and drank milk.

I read where we are loosing close too 1,000 WW2 Veteran's a day now. Those brave young men and women who changed the course of history are dissapearing day after day. They really are, the greatest generation to ever live.

Soon another warrior will go home.

thank you KL family...thank you.

-granny h

Replies:

Post A Reply

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Time to ask for prayers for Daddy

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community