Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Time to ask for prayers for Daddy

[ Expand ] [ View Replies ] [ Post Reply ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by DD on September 08, 2009 at 07:40:44 from (99.10.174.36):

In Reply to: Time to ask for prayers for Daddy posted by granny h on September 08, 2009 at 06:40:38:

Hollie, as someone who's taking care of my MIL (who also has advanced dementia) I totally understand you praying for your Dad to go gently and rather sooner than later at this point. We want to hold on to our Lil Sugars just as long as we can, but there comes a time when we realize that to keep them here is just prolonging the inevitable. It got to that point with my own GrandMother and is now that way with Pauline. She also has lost down from 112(her highest) to 80 lbs now. She's just a shadow of her former self and there's days when I just know I'll wake up the next morning and she'll be gone but there she is. Still getting around with her walker and eating every crunchy chinese noodle she can find...teehee. She always introduces me as HER MIL to the Hospice nurses and Doctor and we just go right along with it same as you did with your Dad. It's less confusing to do that than to argue with them. She talks to her long deceased husband at night too and I sometimes see her reaching her arms up to him. Those are the hardest times for me because I feel bad for thinking to myself "Lord, Please take her on. She misses her husband and has no real quality of life here. All she does is lay and watch old movies and nap all day. She's just existing at this point until it's her time to go so Please let her just go to sleep tonight and wake up there tomorrow". I'll miss her and even her little quirky ways about some things but I know in my heart that she'd be better off. Sounds like you've made peace with that too regarding your Dad so I pray that he goes gently and that everyone he leaves behind is comforted in knowing he'll be in a much better place than any of us left here. He'll be with your Mother once again and they'll be spoiling Joshua for you ((HUGS)) God Bless : )

Replies:

Post A Reply

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Time to ask for prayers for Daddy

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community