Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: When is it too late?

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Hal/WA on July 10, 2003 at 18:30:06 from (216.64.132.208):

In Reply to: When is it too late? posted by Tom A on July 10, 2003 at 05:28:32:

My kids are grown and my wife and I are retired, so these days, I don't much care when someone calls. But when we had 3 teenagers in the house and had to get up early for work, there were some rules which our children understood and were supposed to tell to their friends. Those rules were: only very important calls to our house after 9PM weekdays and no outgoing calls after that time out of common courtesy. There could be exceptions to this, but my kids knew that if the phone rang after 9, I would be the one that answered the phone. I would ask if it was an emergency and if the caller said it was, I would ask what the emergency was. Most of the time, the caller would say it was not and I would ask them to please call before 9 or after 7AM. My kids knew that if I called them to the phone for the "emergency" that I would probably listen to the conversation and the emergency had better be legitimate. It took very few discussions with my kids to very much lessen the late night calls and I only had to discipline them a couple of times. I suppose some of their friends thought I was pretty ornery though. I was downright curt and maybe even rude if I was awakened from a sound sleep.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: When is it too late?

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community