Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Yard Sale

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by KellyGa on July 13, 2003 at 16:33:10 from (152.163.252.161):

Well y'all, I had an alright yard sale , probably would have had a better one if Forest Park Public Works hadn't confiscated my sign at the end of the road at about 1 on Saturday afternoon. Didn't know why I wasnt getting any business til this lady come back with her son and told me it was gone! Man was I hot. Then I went and pulled out the rules, yes rules the city gave me, and shut my mouth. Still bites. Well, your sign can only be 18" by 18", whos gonna see that little ole thang, and then, you can't put it on public property, or they can take it and ticket you, you have to put it on private property, but you have to get that persons permission. THEN the sign at your house can only be that size too. You can't have any multi family yard sales, which I did anyway, with my parents, you only get 3 yard sales a year, limited to 3 consecutive days. OH and get this, I found out last night, you aren't allowed to park on your own grass, and now you can't park out at the road. Now I don't know about y'all, but I have a 1950's driveway, and it don't hold but two cars, so if somebody comes to visit, what're they supposed to do? FLOAT? HOVER? I will be so glad when we move from this stupid city, and county. The city officials are retarded. SO, I will be having another yard sale next weekend in Henry County where you don't have to PAY 5 bucks to have a nearly impossible yard sale, Humphh. I really ate this place, I really want to leave. I bet they give me a citation for that sign they confiscated. I hate it, and I want to live OUT! AWAY! And I will,you all will see. Two years left. God give me the strength. I am happy to be back on the board with all y'all, be seein ya during the week. Caught up on all the goings on here, see a few more new ones, welcome to the site with good, honest, hard working, friendly folks, which I am glad to be a part of.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Yard Sale

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community