Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: 4 things that need to change in our countr

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by screaminghollow on July 24, 2003 at 14:10:33 from (63.222.194.59):

In Reply to: Re: 4 things that need to change in our country posted by Paula on July 24, 2003 at 13:15:34:

Paula, Is Orrtanna in Adams county? Back to the subject, Why should lazy butt bums get through life free at the expense of those who feel compelled to be responsible for their own..I've got no problem with National Health care for everyone, young, old, rich, middle class or poor. Hospitals just charge others more to make up for the fees not paid by the uninsured deadbeats and low medicaid reimbursements so we all pay for everyone else, except for the "fake" poor. I got no problem with those who are down and out and trying. I got the problem with the household where momma and the four kids are on welfare, food stamps and medicaid, while the "man" of the house may or may not actually work at something and in case anyone asks, doesn't actually live there, so his income is not included in figuring momma's benefits. Yep, I got one of those for a neighbor. She gets SSI, and is fully able to mow her yard, shovel her drive and do other work, collects for her kids whom she had diagnosed as ADHD, and she gets food stamps and a state subsidized morgage for low income households, while her city cop boyfriend who makes $45,000 lives there with her. She owns a cabin in the mountains and a time share at the beach. (all at the tax payer's expense.) Got a real problem with such freeloaders.
As to morality, I believe there is too much emphasis on typical conservative christian morals verses the general lack of day to day honesty I see. I believe the government should leave us alone so long as we are not disturbing or injuring our neighbors and not stealing. What you want to do in private is your business.
Taxes ought to be fair. Why tax the guy who works two full time jobs at a higher per hour rate than the person who only works partime. Why tax the person who went to school for 8 more years at a higher rate than the person who went out to work at the five and dime the day after graduation from highschool. The income tax discourages those who would work harder and longer by shifting the fruits of the worker's labor to dirtbags like my neighbor woman. Yes there's too much waste. I've seen an overpass road widened over I-66 in Fairfax VA, by the state, only to have the state come back the next year to lengthen the overpass to accomodate the widening of the road under the overpass. 20 million or more wasted by tearing down and rebuilding the same bridge twice in two years. A whole flock of Civil engineers should have been sued and fired over that one.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: 4 things that need to change in our countr

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community