Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: Re: 4 things that need to change in our co

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Corey on July 25, 2003 at 06:10:42 from (64.12.96.70):

In Reply to: Re: Re: 4 things that need to change in our countr posted by Sam on July 25, 2003 at 05:23:34:

Sam, I genuinely appreciate your response and I hope you don't mind if I try to clarify a Christian position. There are no fuzzy lines in the bibles morality as with any other subject lines get fuzzy when there is no knowledge, after all 5+5=10 is a fuzzy abstract thought to a 2 year old. Even the laws you mentioned are easily understood as they pertain to civil and ceremonial laws, of which the ceremonial have been fulfilled and thus are no longer relevant, ie. no murder= civil so is still in force even as your conscience would agree and eating pork= ceremonial which had a specific purpose which was fulfilled 2000 years ago so is no longer valid. As far as using religion as a moral guide, if I want to find my way around the state of Texas and I can use either a map of Texas or a map of Alaska, only one will work, of course, if I don't know the difference, I may try to use the wrong one, but I will not get to my desired destination. What I am trying to say is that I may respect the person that dissagrees with me and even be a friend to that person , but it would be ridiculous to respect that persons beliefs when their can only be one truth. The aspect of one truth for me and another for you is ridiculous even to a child, it is circular reasoning which is not logical or factual, I am absolutely convinced that given as short a time as 8-10 hours these beliefs as to the bibles morality being fuzzy can be completely answered to the satisfaction of anyone, even if they are not a believer. What it breaks down to is this; the bible interprets itself, but when men have no knowledge there will obviously be flawed understandings, and the bible makes it abundantly clear that God Himself has no respect for any other belief system than the one He established and commands His followers to practice the same. Anyone that realy has any interest even as a skeptic can easily compare the teachings of the bible with any other faith system and that person will find that only one will stand up to scrutiny regardless of your choice.
Thank you for your response.
Grace and Peace,
Corey

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: 4 things that need to change in our co

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community