Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Cindi on July 26, 2003 at 10:50:45 from (205.188.209.133):

I was being tailed, I knew it. Jake broke down five miles from the house on his three wheeler and I had to go get him in the truck and haul him and broke down cycle home.

A man passed us just as we were pulling out of the dirt road where I had picked Jake up with the three wheeler, and he gave me the evil eye as I drove past. If you don't know what the evil eye is, it's where one eye is squinched shut and the other is wide open. -0 That's the best I can do.

I was only doing about thirty and I watched as he swung off the road into the ditch and made a u-ey and then started following us.

"You see that guy behind us?" I asked Jake.

He peered into the side mirror.

"Yeah. What about him?"

"He's following us."

"I reckon he's going the same way we are."

"That's what I said." I said.

"I mean he's....you know what I mean." He sighed.

"No. He just did a u-turn back there. He's following us."

"Maybe he's just lost."

"No. He's FOLL-O-WING us. The speed limit here is fifty....why is he doing thirty?"

"Uh...I don't know....maybe because he's behind us, and WE are doing thirty?"

"You need a smack." I said absently.

"I'm gonna try something....." I said suddenly.

I took the next quick left. I had no idea where I was going. It was a test.

"Are you TRYING to dump my three wheeler out in the road?"

I didn't answer. I was too busy performing my test. Mr evil eye was still behind me, only this time he was leaning over the steering wheel peering at us with BOTH eyes squinted.

I made the next right, which was the driveway of a citrus office and turned around and went back the way I came, with Mr evil eye in warm pursuit.

"You're making me car sick." Jake whined.

"Hey! How often do we get to involve ourselves in a little intrigue? Can't you get into the spirit of this?"

"I'm just a kid. Leave me alone."

"All right then sit there and keep your trap shut."

By now I was hearing the theme song to Mission Impossible. We were headed back the exact way we came and our tail was still with us. I turned into the dirt road where I had picked Jake up, and pulled over on the side of the road. My double squinchey eye rode slowly past, peering at us every inch of the way, and then turned into the first driveway.

Then I saw it. Parked in his yard was the exact twin to Jake's three wheeler. Same color, same year, same model, but a lot cleaner.

"He thought we stole his three wheeler." I said, aghast. "Oh....what a rotten thing to think."

"Well I guess he figured out that we didn't...can we go home now?"

I was still very hurt about the whole thing.

"How could he think we would steal his three wheeler?"

"He doesn't know us from atom, mom, we could be anybody, now he knows we didn't, so let's go on home, huh?"

I slipped the truck into drive, and being female I couldn't resist the last word.

"Told you he was following us."

I don't know what's the matter with kids today, they have no imagination.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: 007

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community