Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

a gift for me....

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Cindi on August 18, 2003 at 03:39:17 from (205.188.209.133):

There is a man who hunts with my husband, he's probably in his late fifties, married with a family, owns his own business. He's been out to the house a few times to hunt dove and hogs. Usually shows up on a Sunday morning and stays for bacon and sausage and bisquits and gravy after.

Last time he showed up, Fred was out back in the woods so I got the 12 ga so that the guy could shoot it to signal Fred to come up to the house. I didn't even know what shells went in the thing. I brought him a handful and he picked out the one he needed.

While we were waiting for Fred we were talking about guns and shooting and I mentioned that I love my .410. I don't hunt, but I have shot skeet with it and what's good about it is I'm not afraid of it, It has very little recoil and I'm comfortable with it so I hit what I'm shooting at. Hope that makes sense.

Anyway, this man was at the hunt club for opening weekend. At some point over the weekend he came walking into the living room with a double barrel .410 he'd bought new about forty years ago. He handed it to Fred and said, 'I want you to give this to your wife'. That's it. That's all he said. 'I want her to have it'.

One of the other guys jokingly said...'hey, my wife likes guns too!' He just laughed and said nothing.

Fred handed it to me after he got done unloading and told me the story.

"Why me? Why would he give me a gun?"

"I don't know. He just said it was for you."

"What do I say to him?"

"Just thank him next time you talk to him."

Then he teased me a little about having something going with the guy. He was just joking but I could tell he wasn't clear on the whole deal and I couldn't help him because I had no idea what prompted the gift.

I guess today I'll call him and thank him. I am excited about this gun. I suddenly have an urge to go out and try to get me some doves! I feel obligated to use it, so there may be some hunting in my very near future.

So I could use some tips on dove hunting if anyone has any.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: a gift for me....

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community