Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: A little more on armed people on a plane

[ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Mike Taylor on September 24, 2001 at 11:38:26 from (216.88.66.19):

In Reply to: Re: A little more on armed people on a plane posted by big fred on September 23, 2001 at 14:48:03:

I was on a plane once between Denver and Wichita that lost cabin pressure. The seal blew out on the rear door. The captain happened to be talking on the microphone at the time. When the pressure went, he paused, then we heard him say "Oh, Sh--". Immediately, the plane went into a steep power dive. The captain kept it in the dive until he got down to 5000' then leveled off, then continued on into Wichita. I recall lots of people praying during the dive.

When the pressure went, my ears popped like crazy and the O2 masks deployed. We were not at a high altitude, so I don't think anyone passed out. The air leak was slow enough that the pumps in the plane could keep some pressure.

That was my one and only incident in a plane and I have taken hundreds of flights. Have never lost luggage, either.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: A little more on armed people on a plane

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community