Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: ? for the Cook's

[ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Burrhead on October 02, 2001 at 19:09:54 from (12.83.1.165):

In Reply to: ? for the Cook's posted by Bob (WI) on October 02, 2001 at 16:39:23:

I aint a real cook but I don't use any water except what stays with the meat when I rinse it.

I use a dutch oven in a gas stove. I never used a slow cooker or crock pot so maybe there the same.

I use about 1/2 of a small bottle of Italian dressing and sprinkle a teaspoon or so of salt, just a pinch or so of dry onion and a smidge of garlic salt for pot licker.

Then run it in the oven at 350 for 1 hour and then drop to 250 til tender in about another 2 hours. The last hour I add my taters, carrots, onions and sometimes some chopped up green bell pepper.

By the time the time the meat is ready for the taters and carrots there will be a good creamy and slightly spicy sop.

I guess it would work in a slow cooker the same.

Lipton's onion soup mix blended dry into hamburger will take out a gamey taste or that funky freezer taste.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: ? for the Cook's

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community