Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: Re: Oh the agony...

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Greg F. on November 19, 2003 at 19:27:14 from (207.69.137.8):

In Reply to: Re: Re: Oh the agony... posted by Cindi on November 19, 2003 at 15:09:31:

Could very well be that it was an endurance test and you donít have to complete it to pass.
I should start doing that. We have had a terrible time lately with new hires after about two weeks filing comp claims.
I have six people at this time with active comp claims. I just donít get it. I tell them when I hire them that it is hard, hot and dirty work and if that is not their cup of tea this is not for them. They all assure me that they are fit and able to do whatever and within a few weeks they tell me they are hurt and that the work is too hard, they canít lift 30 lbs., itís too dirty and hard on clothes, and the shop is too hot. All the stuff I tell them about before I bring them on.
Most of these people are half my age and cant keep up with me. Whatís up with that. I donít expect anybody to kill them selves, just stay productive. We pay health (for their entire family), dental, vision, paid holidays, and paid vacations and on top of that a decent wage.

Oh well enough ranting on about that.

I hope you get the job you like and are successful at it. Play your cards right and you could manage a Wally World in a year or two and be on the top of the heap.

Good Luck.

Greg F.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Oh the agony...

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community