Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Aaron's job interview

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Patria on December 11, 2003 at 08:29:28 from (66.50.17.19):

The interviewer was an americano, he didn't speak any spanish. He asked me to follow him to one of the livingroom sets the store has for sale, it made me feel comfortable and a bit more relaxed.
All in all he thought that my previous experience as a travel agent was a good point in my advantage for the sales position that included collection, phone follow-ups, etc.
Asked me also if I have had any experience in management, I told him that even though I always worked in bookings,many times promoting, marketing and managing was part of my responsabilities. He said the company has a thorough management training and asked me if I would be willing to put all my might into it...hehe, at this point my only thought[fear] was MATH!!, but of course I gave him a big yes!!
In travel agencies when you finish a week's work the manager has to do the accounting, when she/he wasn't traveling or in a trade show or..anyway, I had to do it many times. You have to group apart every sales slip, each group of air travel, cruises, hotels, trains, car rental, and sometimes cell phone rentals. For each of these sales there's a different percent gain for the agency, account also for special charges and so on...I have only ten fingers, so I used a calculator. Not a big deal, eh?
Now, going back to mr.interviewer and here is when he had to kick me down back to earth, told me that the sales clerk should also be able to move furniture around....
He was really nice, asked me also what did I know from Italy, he's going with all his family in about three weeks. So we had a nice chat about his trip. Said he was having some problems with the travel agent and his confirmations. I gave him a couple of hints and websites to get his information.
Anyway, I should have a call from them before next week's friday, otherwise, a letter saying..
THANK YOU BUT...NO THANK YOU...

Patria
[hope you understand half of all this babbling..]

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Aaron's job interview

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community