Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: Aaron's job interview

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Patria on December 11, 2003 at 11:55:20 from (66.50.17.199):

In Reply to: Re: Aaron's job interview posted by Ron,Ar on December 11, 2003 at 10:07:16:

Yes Ron, my husband was working with and achitect friend from Holland on the restoration and remodeling of a 1600's building to turn it into a hotel. When the guy started having financial problems he stopped paying, and Gerrit stopped working for him. My husband did all the electrical connections of the 16 rooms building of four floors. Also the computers and internet network, security and monitoring system, fire alarm system,,well, you name it..
The guy ows him big money, but my husband stay put with him for friendship sake.
Now an investor 'angel' from Grece is about to put his money into this crazy venture and we'll finally get paid. Also my husband might go back to work with the friend on a contract and paid in advance.
Remember I told here were going to open a pub in the said hotel?, but then the architect started his money problems and changed all the plans we had and wanted a year's rent in advance. Of course we said no, first, because we wouldn't get from the bank that kind of money, and second, witnessing all the problems the project is facing I thought we would end up in the same boat. At first the architect would get all the equipment for the pub. The bank would then loan us the start up money, but only when they saw that the hotel was running smoothly. That wouldn't be a big problem, if only the architect's wife wasn't the one to runn the hotel. The airhead is actually believing that the ppl she's interviewing to open the hotel are going to help her without getting paid the first couple of months!! I tell you, she's running a circus..
I really wanted to do this, but maybe it was for the best.

Meanwhile my husband is doing some freelance handywork, some pet food prosessing plant consultancy for some of his old clients from europe but this is not on a regular basis either.
But bills are getting paid, thanks to him. And for a man to start over again in a foreing country, that can't not speak their language, that also wasn't used to do this kind of hard work, he's doing wonderful, and he's not complaining and whinning.
He's like a got getter.. you know what I mean?
He's working his a$$ off. And I want to help him.
I'll stop here, I'm giving myself away..hehe

Now, you all go back to your own soap box, eh?

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Aaron's job interview

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community