Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

About Les and this spelling business.

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by sid on December 28, 2003 at 13:01:58 from (12.160.110.67):

I was taught to spell and puncuate in school. I also was taught to add and subtract as well as memorize the multiplication tables. I am not a very good typist and do not remember all the punctuation rules. Does that mean that all of that was a waste of time? I think not. I think what is a waste of time is the notion that some have is that it is not important for these things to be taught. Could it be that discipline is required to learn those things and it is discilpline that people are afraid of? No I do not read these post looking for mistakes and I do not read all of them. But I have decided to no longer sit back and not respond to the idea that these things are not important. Some of you have done very well but you would not have done so without discipline in your lives. I will agree that there is more to an education than reading writng and arithmetic but these are the basics and it seems to me that they are being ignored and that some are encouraging that they be ignored. As for Les berating people on this and other boards his replies to some of them were very civil as to what I would have said to them had I the opertunity to talk to them face to face, or if I had replied to there post. Yes it is a fact some people are whiners. It is also a fact that they have the right to their opinio. It is also a fact that Les or anyone else for that matter have the right to disagree. Have you ever noticed that in life some people like Les are labeled bull headed while other who happen to disagree with him are just standing by there convictions. No I am not putting anyone down and I do not think Les is either when he speaks his mind about some things he feels are important.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: About Les and this spelling business.

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community