Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

a natural resource?

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Cindi on January 18, 2004 at 03:26:11 from (152.163.252.99):

Yesterday, I asked Jenny to let the dogs in so that they could eat.

"Tsk! Why, you're just going to make ME let them out again, then you're gonna make ME clean up after them!"

"How do YOU know. Besides, have you earned your keep today?" I asked, rolling socks into nice little neat sock packages.

No reply.

Fred was sitting on the couch partaking in his one true weakness, a bowl full of cold cereal, the milk and the cheerios box on the coffee table in front of him. Jenny was standing next to him.

"Do me a favor and put the milk back in the fridge please, will you Jimmy?" He asked.

My father-in-law started that. Always calls her Jimmy. She leaned over and peered into Fred's bowl and sighed.

"Why? You're not done yet, you're just going to ask ME to get it out again."

"Ya know, honey" I said to Fred, "we're wasting a valuable resource here. We got Miss Cleo living right here under our own roof. With her super-natural psychic abilites, we should have her on t v, making us some money." I was grinning at Jenny, and she was smirking back.

"We could put in a phone line, just for 'Miss Jimmy'" I said, "make a few commercials, get some publicity shots of her putting the dogs out and getting the milk out again."

Jenny merely stood there, arms folded over her chest, toe tapping the floor. She's not a stranger to sarcasm. Fred dumped the rest of the cheerios into his bowl and then tossed the empty box over his shoulder into the kitchen floor at Jenny's feet, which is so out of character for him that Jenny and I were both stunned.

"Put that in the trash for me, will you, Miss Jimmy'?" Then he cocked an eyebrow. "Didn't see THAT comin', did ya?" He asked, never taking his eyes off Carroll O'Connor and Heat of the Night.

"Tsk! No!"

Fred nodded, and then glanced at me.

"Better hold on to that commercial money for a new water pump for the well."

The man just lives to burst my bubbles. (grin)

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: a natural resource?

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community