Miscellaneous
Classic Trucks
Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: 4 X 4's, The Whimps are taking over.

[ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Ludwig on December 04, 2001 at 10:58:02 from (209.213.208.66):

In Reply to: 4 X 4's, The Whimps are taking over. posted by Spence on November 25, 2001 at 16:56:29:

Tell you what, you can replace points and condensor all day. I'll take the electronic ignition.
You can fiddle with the carb all week. Listen, it only chokes a bit when you're tryin to keep the hammer down and the doors pointed down and the headlights are skyward. Me? I'll have fuel injection.
You can get 10mpg with a 150hp Chevy 350. My Dakota pushes 20mpg with that 200+hp 318.
You can get out and slog around in the cold locking hubs, I'll just pull the lever for 4wd.
You can ride in the CJ with the heater on full and a roll of paper towels to clean the windershield. The YJ (bad old square headlights) Wrangler can at least keep me warm.

Its all about what you want to do. You want to drive or work all week for the gas?
My dad's got a Tracker and you'd be hard pressed to follow it with a stock CJ in the woods. Plus most stock CJs can't get near it on the highway, and you can actually hear the radio, not have your coffee spill all over you on every little bump either.

My Dakota goes 80 miles round trip every day. Sure, I'd love a '60 something CJ 5 with a detroit locker in the rear and an airlocker in the front, but I still wouldn't want to commute with it. I'd probably either put in a new engine or update the old one too. Theres some new technology you just can't beat.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: 4 X 4's, The Whimps are taking over.

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community