Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

lost electricity

[ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by rhudson on December 04, 2001 at 14:56:52 from (

all three phases of power come to a pole located on the edge of our farm. The top phase is used to feed everyone on our loop road, except my house which is on the lower wire. one year we had ice pretty bad. the whole road had no electricity for a week. we never lost ours. at about day 3, my yank neighbors sent a repensitative over to my house to find out why we had electricity and noone else did...they were upset big time. when you live in the country i think it is your responsibility to be prepaired for short term loss of: electrical power, heating, ability to use roads (iceing etc.) now with that said, it amazes me how those of you that live in the more norther areas carry out your lives in the long and harsh winter months. if we (virginia) had a foot of snow, we would probably have to declare a state emergency, we would not be prepared to deal with it. What do those of you further north do to get ready? Thanks for allowing me to ramble

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Subject: Re: lost electricity

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community