Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: Re: Re: Re: Picture of Josh the Newfoundland

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Willy-N on February 11, 2004 at 09:43:44 from (64.146.187.211):

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Picture of Josh the Newfoundland posted by dave 50 8n on February 11, 2004 at 09:05:51:

You need to be able to read your dogs some. Then you feed them in there pecking order. You also have to pet them the same way. There was a time when 2 of the girls got into a death fight and it took a long time to get them apart! I was all coverd with blood from that one. I had to role Rosie over onto her back on top of me and hold her while my wife drug the other on away. We never let them be together after that. The males will fight but will quit after the leader has won. Feamales will fight to the death sometimes so you have to watch them. I do not recomend that many and most will kennle them we did not it was a pack except for the puppys. With the 4 we have now they will fight a little once in a while but they have it all sorted out long ago. When you bring in a new one it starts all over again unless it is a puppy or of the oppisite s*x. They all have there spots to lay in and a giant yard to tear up. They get there walks at night off leash running all over the place to burn off the energy befor feeding time that helps alot. I would hate to live in town with them and taking them for walks being a pact mentality they do not take a liking to another dog running up to visit us! I have been drug a long ways befor by one. The only way you can stop them is to lift there front legs off the ground since they are a Draft Working Dog and can pull many times there weight! Mark H.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Picture of Josh the Newfoundland

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community