Antique Tractors
Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: 25 Signs That You Have Grown-Up

[ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by Marine on a Train. MR on December 23, 2001 at 12:03:51 from (12.46.83.121):

In Reply to: 25 Signs That You Have Grown-Up posted by M.R. on December 23, 2001 at 11:48:42:

An American Marine, serving in World War II, had just returned from several weeks of intense action on the German front lines. He had finally been granted R&R and was on a train bound for London.

The train was very crowded, so the marine walked the length of the train, looking for an empty seat. The only unoccupied seat was directly
adjacent to a well dressed middle aged lady and was being used by her little dog.

The war weary marine asked, "Please, ma'am, may I sit in that seat?" The English woman looked down her nose at the marine, sniffed and said, "You Americans. You are such a rude class of people. Can't you see my little Fifi is using that seat?"

The marine walked away, determined to find a place to rest, but after another trip down to the end of the train, found himself again facing the
woman with the dog.

Again he asked, "Please, lady. May I sit there?I'm very tired."???? The English woman wrinkled her nose and snorted, "You Americans! Not only are you rude, you are also arrogant. Imagine!"

The marine didn't say anything else. He leaned over, picked up the little dog, tossed it out the window of the train and sat down in the empty seat. The woman shrieked and demanded that someone defend her and chastise the marine.

An English gentleman sitting across the aisle spoke up: "You know, sir, you Americans do seem to have a penchant for doing the wrong thing. You eat holding the fork in the wrong hand. You drive your autos on the wrong side of the road. And now, sir, you've thrown the wrong b!tch out of the window."

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: 25 Signs That You Have Grown-Up

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community