Modern Tractors
Site Map
Links Page
Contact Us

Country Talk Discussion Board

Re: About Northerners..

[ Expand ] [ View Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Return to Forum ]

Posted by magpie on February 14, 2004 at 20:49:25 from (208.181.12.210):

In Reply to: About Northerners.. posted by Aprille on February 14, 2004 at 10:56:24:

I think you will find good and bad everywhere, but more rural people seem to be more outgoing. Here is a story about what happened to me in mexico NY. I think in general people there are freindly. Except for two of them. When I was there I needed some gas, almost empty. So I pulled up to a gas pump (only one in town I suppose I dont know) two cars at the pumps. One was being filled by an old geezer. I waited behind for my turn, and waited and waited, I could see them visiting at the till. I had Ontario plates (rental car). I had lots of time so I just sat, the other car didn't go anywhere. I looked at my watch I figured I would wait 10 minutes. When the time was up I want in and asked the attendent where I could go to get some gas today. She said I could fill up right here, but was obviously being snotty, then she carries right on talking to the old fart as if I wasn't even there. So I just gave up and left went back to the main highway and prayed we would make it to the next gas station, and we did.
I wonder what I did to be treated like that? Was it because I am Canadian? Or was it just because I was an outsider? I spend a lot of money in the U.S.A. every year and am usually treated right. Mexico NY wont be getting any more visits from me thats for sure.

Follow Ups:

Post A Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: About Northerners..

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to this message. Your email address must be entered above to receive notification. This notification will be cancelled automatically after 2 weeks.

[Home] [Search]

Copyright © 1999-2013 KountryLife.com
All Rights Reserved
A Country Living Resource and Community